Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sprouts for Supper!

Tonight I was home alone with my little one. My older son was celebrating kindergarten graduation with dinner and a movie with his Dad.

So to make things special for my little one, he got his favourite pasta- with Earth Balance and nutritional yeast. And half an avocado with a bit of salt.

Cooking for one isn't so hard with sprouts on hand! I sauteed a couple of cloves of garlic in olive oil, then added a couple handfuls of the "Fitness Mix" sprouts. They shrunk quite a bit, so I threw a cup of white beans in and mashed it all around. My first impression (and the reason there's no photo) was that the meal looked a little too wholesome, vegetarian and a little weird with all the stringy roots mashed into the beans. But I added a little shake of herbamare (courtesy of A.Vogel- sea salt blended with herbs) and after the first tentative bite, the rest disappeared quickly! The garlicky crunch of the sprouts, the creamy beans, the herby salt! Mmmm. Make it! I'm having it again for lunch tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so good! I'm going to try it when my sunflower sprouts are ready!

    ReplyDelete